Karen was elected by her fellow Senate Republicans to serve as Senate President for the 54th and 55th Legislatures.
As the head of the Senate Republican Caucus, Karen serves on the leadership team of the Republican Legislative Victory Fund (RLVF), which is the top campaign arm for both Arizona House and Senate Republicans.
Under Karen’s leadership, RLVF grew to record levels for the 2020 election cycle. In 2020, RLVF raised over $1.5 million to defend our legislative Majority. For comparison, the RLVF predecessors – the House and Senate Victory PACs – brought in over $920,000 for the 2018 election cycle. This is a 63% increase in fundraising supporting our GOP Majority!
Senator Fann was first elected to the Arizona House of Representatives in 2010, and to the Arizona Senate in 2016. She is the second female Senate President in the history of Arizona. Karen is currently serving her final term and will not be seeking re-election in 2022.
In addition to serving as Senate President, she also chairs the Senate Rules Committee.
Karen moved to Prescott at the age of four and has been a life-long Republican. She continues to represent her community by serving as a precinct committeeman and is a member of the Rotary International and Elks.
Senator Fann’s previous experience includes:
• 2002-2009 Town of Chino Valley Mayor and Councilman
• 2007-2009 BQAZ Statewide Transportation Board
• 2005-2009 Chairman and Board, Central Yavapai Metropolitan Planning
• 2006-2009 Chairman and Board, Upper Verde River Watershed Protection Coalition
• 2005-2008 Governors Rural Water Legislative Study Committee
• 2002-2007 and 1992-1994 Northern Council of Governments (NACOG)
• 1992-1995 Prescott City Mayor Pro Tem and Councilman
Karen is the owner and CEO of a highway construction company specializing in the installation of guardrail and signs throughout the State of Arizona, which recently celebrated its 35th business anniversary.